Tuesday, May 14, 2013

perfect day


Woke with no alarm nastiness, wrote my usual three pages while enjoying one of my holiday spice coffees.  Off for a blissful hike; no weekend warriors smashing through the woods.


Went for a brief swim and sat and read in the sunshine~prior to the three cop cars showed up on the property, par for the course 'round here now.  Find it impossible to read about Ms. Julia Child without having a strong urge to saute something in butter.  So went inside and stared into the fridge.


Some minced shallots.


Mushrooms, of course!


Chopped box basil (was supposed to be parsley) and garlic--this is called persilade~ a term I don't remember hearing before, but like the sound of.


All tucked beneath some puff pastry (and yes, I was lazy and used store bought).


Ending up as a lovely wild mushroom tart.  Finished lunch with ripe mangoes.  Took a nap.  Did some painting.  Cooked up lunches for the week.  Practiced my flute.  Soaked in the tub and painted my nails.  Finished the day with a Netflix showing.

THE perfect day.  Now if only I could find someone to pay me to spend my days like this. (Be sure to click the link so that you may enjoy the song from Legally Blonde.)

2 comments:

  1. I think I need more water in my life. All of these pictures from friends of their rivers - I haven't been to one since Yosemite, and while the Merced River was lovely, I was in no fit shape to appreciate it, huffing as I was by the end of our hike. So. I think our perfect days require water... must see to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I ought to try recording the burble of the creek~it's saving my sanity this semester. Hope to pretty soon live closer to a natural water source!

      Delete