Monday, May 20, 2013

mid-way


Celebrated my half birthday by a hefty hike around Town Lake.  Despite the hazy heat, it was delightful; many new-to-me flowers blooming profusely.


 Interesting ironwork.


 Paddle boarding seems to be a big thing here.



 Dainty bell of a flower.


While walking thought that a root beer float sounded good and when I went to buy root beer, realized that I probably couldn't tell the difference between it and sarsaparilla~so a taste test had to be conducted.  For these particular brands, I would say that the root beer was sweeter, but the sarsaparilla made a better float.

2 comments:

  1. In the UK, of course root beer isn't a part of the culture, and my beloved friends gave me odd, odd looks for longing for it - even though I rarely-to-never drink sodas, root beer was one I'd get a yen for... and so, I bought sarsaparilla from the health food store. Oy. Medicinal didn't begin to cover it - it tasted like roots and things. It was, indeed, real sarsaparilla... the tincture of said. You'd have to add a great deal of sugar and carbonated water to make it anything but medicine.

    Sometimes I wonder how ANYTHING was invented. Ugh. Glad yours was tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember being somewhere historical and being THRILLED to find horehound candy sticks in the gift shop...and being SO disappointed in the actual flavor~ugh & medicinal indeed.

      Delete