Thursday, May 2, 2013

teensy perks


Went to get my monthly candle today and was pleased at the spontaneous free gift with purchase!  Not so sure about the 'black coconut' scent, but the rest are lovely.


A penny found.


A new recipe tried (chocolate chip cookie cheesecake--let's kick off swimsuit season right!) served on one of my favorite gifts ever--a stack of French music plates.   And I choose this particular one as I am on the hunt for my next beau chateau.


And as I'm facebook friends with the fabulous BookPeople, they alerted me that there was a reading tonight by the bitingly witty and intense Austen Burroughs.  One of the pithiest speakers I've heard.

A most pleasant day and a good omen for this new month.

4 comments:

  1. What pretty little plates! I know someone who has... like, illustrated French drink recipes; these are much cuter, though equally unexpected. Wherever did you get them? You see this makes you one of those hard people for whom to shop - you have all manner of unusual things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some former choir members found them--I think at a garage sale and dusted them off. This was three years ago and I just wrote to them this week to re-thank them because the plates have given me so much joy.

      Delete
  2. What exactly does black coconut smell like? Am now curious.

    ReplyDelete